4. Any User under the age of 18 must ask a parent, or if he has a guardian, then his guardian, to read the document, and authorize his use of the System.
B. The Information Collected by the National Library
8. The System collects certain types of information transmitted to it during use.
9. Some of the information collected is information from which the User cannot be identified, and is referred to as “Non-Identifying Information.” Other information collected, from which the User’s personal details can be identified, is referred to as “Identifying Information.” As a rule, the National Library does not collect Identifying Information other than your name, email address and telephone number which are necessary for User verification. However, such Identifying Information is collected by the providers of the payment services on the website.
10. When using the System, information is transmitted between your computer and/or the device you are using and the System, such as the IP address of the computer or device, as well as the type of browser you are using. This information is Non-Identifying Information (although, as aforementioned, it may be possible to identify the details of your computer or device from it).
11. The National Library uses “Cookies,” which are small files sent to your computer or device when you use the System. This use helps improve the quality of the service provided by the System and the surfing speed on the System. Depending on the features of the browser you are using, you can instruct the browser to restrict the receipt of Cookies or other tools, or delete them from your computer. If you do so, various actions on the System may no longer be available, or may not work properly. The National Library reserves the right to use any additional existing, or future, technology, that performs an operation similar to that of “Cookies.”
12. In order to watch a movie, the User is required to provide credit information, such as a credit card number, name, and ID number. This information is Identifying Information.
13. Credit card details are provided exclusively to the providers of payment services, and are not transmitted to the National Library. Please read the privacy policies of the payment services providers to understand their security measures, and how they handle the information provided to them.
14. Other than as stated in the previous clause, there is no requirement on behalf of the National Library to provide Identifying Information other than your name, email address and telephone number which are necessary for User verification, and it is recommended that you refrain from publishing and/or providing additional information in the System.
C. Storing the Information and its Use
15. The System is housed on secure servers.
16. The National Library takes measures to safeguard the information it stores as well as the privacy of Users, and it obligates its suppliers to employ adequate security measures that accord with National Library privacy policies. However, unfortunately, there is no way to absolutely guarantee that information provided to a system such as this one will not be exposed as a result of a technological or human failure, or as a result of malicious or criminal activity by third parties. Insofar as the National Library discovers a malfunction with respect to the security of your information, or any exposure of such information, the National Library will make every effort to notify you as soon as possible of this, using the information provided when registering for the System, or by posting a notice of such a malfunction or exposure on the website.
17. The National Library will not be liable for any security breach on behalf of its suppliers, or for any disclosure of information as a result of malicious action, or any other factor outside its control.
18. The National Library uses the information stored by it for the purpose of operating the System.
19. The National Library may use Non-Identifying Information in order to improve the System and extract statistics regarding its uses.
20. The National Library is not responsible for storing the information that is provided to companies providing the System’s payment services. Therefore, Users are advised to review the privacy policies of those entities.
21. By completing the details for the purpose of purchasing a licence to watch a film, you expressly agree that the National Library may send you information and by any means of communication provided by you, unless you have marked the designated checkbox indicating that you are not interested in this. You may ask to have your details removed from the National Library’s mailing list at any time, by sending a written request to: email@example.com, or in a manner that will be made available to you in the context of any request sent to you under this clause.
22. In light of the foregoing, the provision of personal and/or financial details by the User, in any section and/or area of the System and/or area linked to it, is exclusively at the User’s risk. The National Library will not be responsible and/or liable for any leak and/or leakage of information provided to the National Library, however this may occur.
23. The National Library will not provide to any third party information provided to it by System Users, other than in accordance with the provisions of the law and/or in response to any judicial and/or administrative decree and/or at the request of any governmental body and/or in the setting of legal proceedings between the parties.
D. Erasing and Amending the Information
24. You may, at any time, request that the National Library remove or amend information provided by you to the System by sending a request to the email address provided, and we will act upon such request. Deleting the information may affect the National Library’s ability to provide you with services. The National Library will be entitled to refuse to delete information it needs for legal or regulatory purposes.